Sunday, March 29, 2009

A rainy day for fishing

Today my daughter Sierra and I went to the Meadow Grounds Lake for a little fishing. The water temperature was still a little too cold for the fish to be biting. ( Only around 46 degrees. ) We did manage to get a couple of good shots of a Great Blue Heron.

I managed to get close enough for this shot before he got too nervous and flew.

Once the Heron flew it made for a couple of good flying shots.

We did see a few ducks on the lake but could not get any pictures that were worth posting. As you can tell it was foggy and rainy out. Shortly after these shots were taken it started raining and we were both soaked till we got back to the boat dock. Luckly I had stopped at the local store and bought a few large ziplock bags to put my camera in. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to get back and get some good shots on a brighter day.


3 comments:

ninja said...

You can still see the characteristic bent neck. Those birds are hard to photo in the wild without the birding equipment.

Willard said...

It looks like the new lens is working well.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ranger: Beautiful heron shots, I love to catch them with the camera.