Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Canada Geese

In mid March Willard and I made a trip to Middle Creek Wildlife Management area to photograph geese and ducks. Although the large numbers of geese were not there, plenty still remained to make photographing good. As you can tell the weather was not very cooperative as it was overcast and foggy.



This pair of Canada Geese came flying in and gave the opportunity for a good flying shot.


Thanks to the motor drive on my new DSLR I was able to capture the geese as they came in and landed, making for some good shots.

Finally the geese came to rest on a small shallow pond. (Touchdown)


Soon after one of the geese found a nesting structure made by PA Game Commission maintenance personel and started to set up home. It was fun watching her move and shuffle around until she had everything just the way she wanted it.
For more information on Canada Geese and the Middlecreek Wildlife Management Area you can go to the PA Game Commission website by clicking here.http://www.pgc.state.pa.us



5 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ranger: What a neat group of geese photos. Thanks for the visit and I hope you show some of your catches.

Louise said...

LOVE these photos. The second is my favorite, and the 4th makes me smile. Things like this make me long to live in a rural area.

Willard said...

Good work. I don't think I got any still photos to compare with those on the trip. The flying geese are exceptional.

Coy Hill said...

Nice shots man, that second shot is spot on!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love these goose pics! Great shots, and I think the one in the nesting structure is my favorite!