Thursday, April 9, 2009

Farewell to Winter

As the sunset each evening bids farewell to the day, so we will bid farewell to winter with one final post of a beautiful winer sunset. This is a view from my house accross the field, earlier this winter when everything was covered in a glaze of ice.
I have been very busy this week with various chores and have had very little time to take pictures or post anything. I did manage to take some pictures today as it was very beautiful out. Hopefully I will get some editing done and have a few posts for the upcomming week.
To see more beautiful skies from around the world or find out how to share yours, follow this lnk.

15 comments:

Coy Hill said...

Beautiful shot Ranger but I for one am glad that kind of cold is behind us!

Louise said...

The shine in this is spectacular! I love the path of light on the ground--like a reflection on water.

Bryan said...

Nicely captured! Good-bye for now, Winter!

ninja said...

The sun seems to flood the place!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Nice sun shot.

Barb said...

Hi Ranger - sure glad you won't have to post snow anymore, though this is a beautiful shot. I'll be posting snow for some time to come. I'll visit you again for some spring shots. I used to live in Lancaster County,PA.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ranger: I'm so glad you had time for this neat capture of the sky. You must be ready for Spring.

Small City Scenes said...

Excellent shot. Love the rays of the sun. MB

Sylvia K said...

The golden glow of this photo, the light upon the water is breathtaking. Looks like a path to a higher place! Exquisite! Thank you and have a great weekend!

~Brenda said...

This is a beautiful shot; I’m ready to say good-bye to winter too!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

When I read what you wrote about bidding winter good-bye it was such a cool feeling, that yes, winter is over, even though we are still experiencing cool temps in SE Nebraska. It's spring!!!

That is a lovely photo. I hope you are getting the things done that need doing.

Arija said...

A lovely shot. I think this week has been rather full for most of us.

Willard said...

Excellent skywatch!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Hey man! I'm glad you're on here sharing your images. Thanks for stopping by, you're always welcome to.

Carol said...

Great shot...love the reflection on the ice...very beautiful sunset...