Sunday, May 3, 2009

Crappie Fishing

I got a call from a friend and fellow Conservation Officer Anthony Quarracino last evening asking if I wanted to go crappie fishing Sunday Morning. I'm usually always in the mood for a little fishing. I got up around 7:00 AM to find it was lightly raining. I called Anthony to see if he was still going and he said you bet, just bring your rain suit. So off I went and met him at Raystown Lake around 9:00 AM. We headed out hoping that the rain would let up, but no such luck. We fished for a couple of hours and did manage to catch 6 nice keepers.




Here are the two biggest ones we got. One was just over 14 inches and the other just made 15 inches. These are probably the biggest crappies I have ever caught in my life.

Hopefully we will get a chance to get out some day soon that the weather is a little more cooperative, and not so rainy. Oh by the way, I found out my rain suit leaks a little. It's only 15 years old. Time for a new one.

6 comments:

Coy Hill said...

Thats some big Crappie there Ranger!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ranger: I have to say those are some nice slabs. I haven't caught one that large for a while. If they are over 13" you get a Fish Ohio Award from the state.

Willard said...

Good Show! er' good deal!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Nice Crappies indeed!

SaraG said...

WOW, nice crappie.
We do crappie fishing here in our part of Ohio...and when hubby goes down to Florida..
Crappie is awesome for a fish fry!!

Les Barr said...

Those are some nice fish. I know where Raystown Lake is, but never been there. Maybe I should make a trip up there and snoop around. I used to fish & hunt quite allot, but now just don't do it anymore.

Les